It's so fun having friends who are so talented and write books! My sweet friend Erin just released her first book with C&T Publishing, Sew Home. It's a great book about creating handmade items for all the areas of your house. When Erin asked me to take a look and possibly make something from it I was super excited. I quickly went through the book and immediately knew the shower curtain was the one.
I've been wanting to make one for years but just never made it a priority to figure out the size, how to do grommets, and so on. Even though a shower curtain is easy to figure, I really just wanted to follow a pattern.
Luckily I had just been to Ikea and found this amazing orange fabric with cats all over it.
If you follow me on Instagram you know full well that our family is totally cat crazed. So it seemed appropriate that all the things are CATS. I'm so happy at how it came out. But what's even better is I learn three new skills!
- How to match a print
- How to install grommets
- How to do a blind hem
I loved Erin's instructions in her book - they're clear, concise, and easy to put into practice. It feels good to learn something new and I love how much I smile every time I walk into my bathroom!
Even though our bathroom isn't the greatest the color works really well with the original 1950's counter. If you look closely you'll see that the sink use to be orangey pink too! The previous owners spray painted it- a new bathroom is being built so it's going away soonish.
Thanks Erin and C&T publishing I had a swell time making this and can't wait to pick out my next project! Do you want to win a copy of Erin's book? Just comment below and tell me what you've been putting off sewing for your home! I'll select a winner at the end of the blog tour. In the mean time visit these other great blogs for another chance to win!
- Tuesday, September 20 - C&T Publishing & Joanna at Kustom Kwilts and Designs
- Wednesday, September 21 - Sew 4 Home & Jen Carlton Bailly
- Thursday, Sept 22 - Brenda at Just A Bit Frayed/Pink Castle Fabrics & Nicole at Modern Handcraft
- Friday, September 23 - Janome Sewing Machines & Cristy at Purple Daisies Quilting
- Monday, September 26 - Windham Fabrics & Rebecca at Bryan House Quilts
- Tuesday, September 27 - Generation Q Magazine, Karen Lewis Textiles & Latifah Saafir Studios
- Wednesday, September 28 - Dear Stella Fabrics & Mandy at Mandalei Quilts
- Thursday, September 29 - Erin at Schlosser Designs